White Chicken Enchiladas
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used a little more-you can never have enough cheese)
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups ( 1 - 14 ounce can) chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1-4 ounce can of green chiles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 X 13 pan.
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan. (I microwaved the tortillas for 15 seconds or so to soften so they would crack when I rolled them).
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter and stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add in broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chiles. Do not bring to a boil, you don't want the sour cream to curdle.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20 - 25 minutes and then under high heat for3 more minutes to brown the cheese.
7. I served with chopped cilantro and tomatoes.
From the Joyful Mamma's Kitchen
- L and L
- My mom, referred to as Mama L, and I have been talking about starting a blog for quite some time now. We are always trying new recipes and making new crafts - always being told by friends and family that we need to sell our creations. Instead of selling them we've decided to share our crafty ideas, yummy recipes along with our funny adventures here on our blog. Please follow us and enjoy. We are always trying to find new places to explore, new recipes to cook for our families and most of all we're just having fun!