Wednesday, April 10, 2013
I was browsing through Pinterest one night (as I do every night after the baby goes to bed, lunches are packed, kitchen is cleaned, laundry is done, house is tidy...and it's time to relax, YES I find Pinterest relaxing.) What I came across was the best idea for my mom for her Birthday. But this would also be a great Mother's Day gift for a Grandma!
1 Terra Cotta Pot
1 Can of Spray Paint (Any color any finish, I used a Satin Red)
1 Bottle of Mod Podge (Found at your local craft store)
Black and White photos (You can print on paper or use regular photos)
1. Spray Paint your pot and let it dry - simple enough
2. With your paint brush, brush a layer of Mod Podge on a section of the pot
3. Place your picture on top of the Mod Podge while wet. Try and smooth out any air pockets or lumps
4. Brush a generous layer of Mod Podge on top of the photo you just put down
5. Continue around the pot
6. Once you have placed all of your pictures paint the uncovered areas of your pot with the Mod Podge for protection. It will also give your whole pot the same glossy finish. Let the pot dry for a few days to really set.
7. Once dry attach the ribbon around the brim of the pot with a little hot glue.
Now was that really hard?!? You can do this one I promise!
Moms and Grandmas will love this one.
Idea found on Pinterest at thriftytiff.com
- L and L
- My mom, referred to as Mama L, and I have been talking about starting a blog for quite some time now. We are always trying new recipes and making new crafts - always being told by friends and family that we need to sell our creations. Instead of selling them we've decided to share our crafty ideas, yummy recipes along with our funny adventures here on our blog. Please follow us and enjoy. We are always trying to find new places to explore, new recipes to cook for our families and most of all we're just having fun!