HI! I have a new project that I just completed yesterday...well, I actually started and completed it yesterday. It's a pretty easy one but makes a BIG impact!
In our old house I had a chalkboard wall to write down my grocery list, leave messages for my husband, remind myself of appointments, and most importantly, let little S doodle. So I wanted to add one in our new house. I found the perfect wall, searched Pinterest for some ideas and inspiration and headed to the hardware store.
Here is a list of what I bought/used:
1 - 1 x 6 x 8 pine board (have this board cut in half for you)
2 - 1 x 6 x 6 pine boards
Stain (I used Minwax Dark Walnut)
2 - Paint Brushes (one for the chalkboard paint, 1 for the stain)
Here is how we completed this project:
1. First I stained my boards. Brushed on the stain, let it sit for 15 minutes or so and then rubbed the stain off with the rags. I did this step first so the boards could dry while I worked on the rest of the project. You can pick out whatever kind of wood you like. I selected boards with knots in them, I like the contrast and the rustic look of the variation in colors.
2. I taped off my wall for the chalkboard paint, and started painting. It took 2 coats of chalkboard paint to give it a good solid cover.
3. Once the paint dried we started to hang our boards. Just a hammer and nails is what we used. But we did use a level to make sure the boards were straight and we also used our stud finder to get some of our nails in a stud for security.
4. To prep your wall take a piece of chalk out it on it's side and rub the whole area. Then wipe it off with a dry magic eraser, you could use a regular chalkboard eraser if you have one. You will have the perfectly prepped chalkboard wall ready for writing!
Where are you going to add your chalkboard wall?
- Pinterest - Shanty 2 Chic